Hydrophiles is the Oregon State University Chapter of the American Water Resources Association and the American Institute of Hydrology
Why Join Hydrophiles?
Hydrophiles membership is open to undergraduate and graduate students, post-docs, faculty, and others from all across the university. Our members represent a wide variety of academic programs and departments, which reflects well upon our organization's objective of unifying the water community on the OSU campus. These programs and departments include:
As a member of Hydrophiles, students and faculty are encouraged to build relationships with others who share a common interest in water resources. Not only do Hydrophiles members automatically gain membership to two professional organizations, the American Water Resources Association and the American Institute of Hydrology, but members also benefit from a number of Hydrophiles events, field trips, career workshops, professional resources and presentations. For more information about upcoming Hydrophiles events, click here.
Most importantly, Hydrophiles provides a platform for developing a social and professional water network. The Hydrophiles network provides shared experience for its members that will ultimately prepare them for their future endeavors in the world of Water Resources.
Students, faculty, and others interested in Hydrophiles are encouraged to join us as official active or affiliate members by paying dues. Financial support is essential to funding chapter activities and sustaining a student-organized hydrology club
- Active Members must be regularly admitted and currently enrolled students at Oregon State University and have paid current dues.
- Associate members shall be others interested in the purposes of this group. They shall not be eligible to hold office or to vote.
- All voting members and officers of Hydrophiles must be currently enrolled for at least 6 credits at Oregon State University and pay student fees.
- Membership shall not be denied to any student on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran status.
How to Join
- Annual dues for Hydrophiles are $10 for students and $20 for affiliates (faculty, post-docs, community members, etc)
- We also ask each member to provide basic contact information so that we can add you to our members-only listserv
- Pay Your Dues
- Options for Paying:(You may pay with cash or check. Please make checks payable to 'Hydrophiles'
- You may pay with cash or check. Please make checks payable to Hydrophiles
- Contact the Hydrophiles Treasurer to arrange to drop off your dues
- Contact or find any other Hydrophiles officer and give them your dues
- Stop by Strand Agriculture Hall Room 362 between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday and leave your dues in the designated drop box. (Please place dues in a sealed envelope with your full name and email address)
- Bring your dues to a Hydrophiles event and hand them to an officer
- Membership Form: Please fill out a membership form either online or on paper. The membership form also includes a section for providing information for your online member profile. You may also elect not to have an online profile.
Joining the List-Serve
All paying members are automatically added to the club email list-serve. If you would like to be added to the list-serve to receive up-to-date information on all events, programs, and other hydronews, please contact a hydrophiles officer about becoming an official member. We also send out information on club events to the water community news list-serves managed by the IWW.
Getting an Online Profile
Hydrophiles has two member directories. The Active Student member directory lists current students who have paid their dues. Profiles of students who are listed in this directory are also featured on the Hydrophiles home page. The directory of associate members lists anyone who is affiliated with Hydrophiles who is not an active student member. This includes faculty, staff, alumni, post-docs, community members, and students who are not current on dues payment. Want to request a new profile or update your existing profile? Click here for an online form or here for a printable form to submit your information.