Fraternities are academic organizations first and foremost. We hold a higher GPA as an organization that OSU as a whole. Every chapter has minimum GPA standards and rigorous programs to hold you at or above their standard. A list of fraternity grades from past terms can be found on the CFSL website.
Improve Grades by Joining
- Fraternity men consistently hold a GPA at or above the OSU all men's average.
- You are more likely to graduate college if part of a fraternity.
- Chapters contain a variety of majors making it likely that an older brother is able to assist in classes
- Support programs like big/little brothers and study hours help keep grades up.
- Being a student organization, fraternities are able to reserve classrooms on campus at no cost.
Scholarship is a cornerstone value of all fraternities. Negative publications like Animal House and poor PR have painted a negative image of fraternities as soley party venues. The truth is, the brothers in a fraternity support each other through college. Most of the time, a member will have a brother in his same major to study with and push to his full potential.
To see more answers to misconceptions about Fraternities, please visit the FAQ Page.
Study room in a member fraternity house