We are the Oregon State University Chapter of the International Veterinary Students' Association (IVSA). Our chapter is incredibly active year-round with symposiums, guest lectures, fundraising for student scholarships, and planning of our annual service trip to Nicaragua.
Our mission follows the goals of our parent association:
- To raise the overall standard of veterinary education by increasing the international and inter-cultural exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- To promote opportunities for veterinary students to undertake education in important areas outside their normal training - for example, management, welfare and environmental issues, technical language training, and specialization unique to another country.
Upcoming and Recent Events
- January 13th: Nicaragua 2017 applications due
- April 10th-14th: IVSA Silent Auction
- May 6th: IVSA booth at OSU CVM Pet Day
- August 6th-18th: NICARAGUA 2017 VETERINARY BRIGADE CLINIC
- Date TBD: IVSA International Food Fest Fundraiser
- Dates TBD: Bag packing parties for trip participants
- Dates TBD: Seminars for trip participants
Visit Past Clinic Stats for stats on the 2016 trip and previous years.
How can you help? - Sponsor A Nicaraguan Animal
You can help by sponsoring the care of a Nicaraguan dog. For $20 dollars, we send you a photo and story about the animal that was in our care including a description of the type of care provided for the animal. You would be sent this information in December of 2017, just in time to make a great Christmas present gift for any dog lover. Of course, if you would prefer to adopt a Nicaraguan horse, cow, chicken or hog on someone’s behalf (or your own) just let us know on the form!
Link to donation page coming soon...