It was a pleasure for the Greek Week Committee to plan this week for all of you! It was great to see so many chapters participating and spectating at our events throughout the week. We hope that you were able to make new friends in other chapters, enjoyed the events and most importantly celebrated being a member of the fraternity and sorority community here at Oregon State. This year Greek Week’s theme was “Greeks in Space” and we organized the activities again as a friendly competition. Individual chapters and council communities were paired together in teams and assigned different zodiac signsof fraternities and sororities.
Just to give a quick recap of the week:
● We started the week at Dixon Rec Center for a fierce dodgeball competition! Team Capricorn, made up of Sigma Chi, Chi Theta Phi & Kappa Delta, was the winner of the fraternity division and Team Libra, represented by Delta Gamma!
● On the second night we had 5 Under 5, a partnership with the Alumni Association, which featured five alumni under five years from graduation. Over 100 members attended and networked with these recent alumni.
● On day three we had very full schedule with three events! First we listened to leaders from companies like Adidas during our Greek Leader’s Panel.
● In the afternoon we had a lively game of Tug of War with Team Libra winning, representing Delta Gamma, Alpha Epsilon Pi, Alpha Tau Omega & Acacia.
● We helped raise over $9000 for Relay for Life on Friday evening, into the wee hours of the morning on Saturday. Thank you to all the teams, especially team Pisces, representing Delta Upsilon, Alpha Omicron Pi, Sigma Alpha & Kappa Delta Rho for raising the most money and all those that stuck around through the entire night. It truly was a blast!
● Each team showed off their spirit by bringing their flags to events. Best flag goes to Team Virgo again, representing Kappa Alpha Theta, Delta Tau Delta and Phi Delta Theta!
● We also added a banner competition this year and we loved seeing banners hanging from houses on Greek Row. Team Leo representing Sigma Kappa, Phi Psi and Kappa Sigma won committee’s choice for their banner that depicted the constellation and traits of the horoscope sign Leo.
● And, we ate over 400 hot dogs at the BBQ prepared by Campus Cooks, had a fierce water balloon toss, and built community with our friends. Special thank you to Kappa Delta, Sigma Chi, and Delta Upsilon for serving as our hosts for the block party!
● We raised over $100 through the penny wars competition, and Team Virgo was the overall winner, the funds will go to the winner of Greek Week’s choice!
● This week also values sportsmanship. We would like to specifically recognize Chi Omega, Pi Kappa Alpha, Alpha Sigma Phi, Delta Chi, Sigma Delta Omega, and Delta Tau Delta for exemplary sportsmanship throughout the week.
We would especially like to thank our outstanding Greek Week Committee. We could not have done it without them!
Caitlin Barnes - Sigma Kappa
Kaitlyn Storer - Kappa Alpha Theta
Melissa Barr - Kappa Delta
Noah Bensman - Lambda Chi Alpha
Lucas Radostitz - Sigma Chi
Selena Phandouangsy - Sigma Kappa
Maike Wineziers - Sigma Delta Omega
Marcus Beals - Sigma Pi
Abby Nagel - Alpha Omicron Pi
Third place, Team Virgo from chapters Kappa Alpha Theta, Delta Tau Delta and Phi Delta Theta!
Second place, Team Libra from chapters Delta Gamma, Alpha Epsilon Pi, Alpha Tau Omega, and Acacia!
First place, Team Leo from chapters Sigma Kappa, Kappa Sigma and Phi Kappa Psi!
VP of Public Relations and Marketing
VP of Public Relations and Marketing
Katelyn Rose Schrum
VP of Finance and Public Relations
Collective Greek Council