Organization Membership Requirements
Criterion for Membership
- All undergraduate, nationally chartered general fraternities and sororities recognized by OSU may be eligible for membership in the UGC. Each fraternity/sorority must have a national office location and alumni officers.
- The national organization must be established for at least 5 years or the national organization must have at least 15 established chapters and/or colonies. Member organizations may also hold membership/associate membership in one of the other Greek governing organization at OSU (i.e. IFC, PHC, NPHC).
- Local fraternities and sororities may be eligible for full membership in the UGC after successfully fulfilling all of the requirements of an associate member and receiving a vote to affirm membership.
- Any local fraternity or sorority or newly chartering national organization seeking membership in the UGC shall be eligible for associate membership after they have been approved as a recognized student organization by the OSU Student Activities Committee.
- All new organizations must serve as an associate member for 2 (two) academic terms before being eligible for full membership.